"Passion! It's all about passion"
This is how our project started.
Hello! My name is Bogdan Teodorescu. I am a Software developer and everything I develop is done with passion.
One day I was looking to buy a second hand car, and I started to look around online. But it was just so difficult to find the car I wanted! I went from site to site and saw thousands of adverts and... I still couldn't find exactly what I wanted. Moreover, many websites didn't have the right filters to help me exclude the Adverts that I wasn't interested in, or I had to go to some external websites to find out more information about a car.
So then I decided. To create a website that will help the user find his or her ideal car. That's now our motto.
"autoindigo is going to help the user to find the ideal car"
In 2015 I started implementing my idea, designing the architecture from the ground up and also the services surrounding it. 6 months in, the first version of autoindigo was ready.
In summer 2016 I met Oleks and after I asked him for his design help, we started a new autoindigo from scratch.
Our first release of the new version of autoindigo was on the 2nd of January 2017, and since then we've made a lot of improvements; including more than 3x faster website loading and a vastly superior user experience and interface, both on mobile and desktop, and many new features to boot.
Our plans include the creation a platform containing all of the necessary information in a single place, without the need for third-party websites. This may include:
- The advert (as it comes from a dealer or private person - including pictures and descriptions).
- Technical specifications from the producer of the car.
- Reviews from technical experts and from people who have the same model of cars.
- Frequent problems, caveats or positive features that a specific model has.
- The ability for boths users and technical expers to rate, review and comment on cars.
- Information and reviews about local dealers (or private sellers).
- Price and market value statistics.
- Relative car comparisons.
- A community built for sharing knowledge about specific cars.
And that's just some of the features! Here are some more that we'd love to implement:
- Expert comment - we are going to have a technical expert who, after looking at the pictures and description of the car, can then write his or her own opinion about that car and also rate and mark specific areas or features of the cars. Based on these marks, the end-user will be able to find the cars that have the best value.
- Trip estimation - this is a feature for the people who need to travel to a different city to buy the car. It will calculate the time you need to travel and extimate extra costs that the journey may entail (gas, hotel, plane, etc).
- The cost to buy - many times when buying a car you need to spend extra money to register the car. We will investigate what taxes you need to pay for a specific model and let you know how much you they will cost.
- True cost to own - also another important thing for some people is; how much money they are going to spend to own a car. This might include service costs, vehicle parts prices and devaluation price (what the price of the car is going to be in 5 years).
- Alerts - if you are interested in a specific model then you can create an alert that will notify you the moment a new advert is posted for a car containing your required options.
- Sell your car - this is going to be a service that is going to evaluate your car for you in the case that you don't know it's value.
- Image tagging and description - to tell you exactly what is in an image of the car.
- Add video adverts - these can bring a lot of value because you can, for example, listen to the engine or have a 360 degree view of the car.
- And many other great ideas!
Feel free to contact us and let us know about any other ideas you might have. We are always open to suggestions.
We are obsessed with speed (performance) and we are trying to use the best services that exist nowadays on the market. These include:
- Domain name.
- Hosting server.
- Image servers (processing them to the size we need, deliver the optimum quality, storing the images and delivering them fast).
- Servers to process and connect the information (machines that are going to convert the data into the format we need).
- Caching servers - to be able to deliver the information faster to you.
- Marketing services - to be able to connect many people and to create a community able to add value.
To be able to pay for these features, we will need to display some adverts on our page.